Friday, January 28, 2011

Thing #2

This is not the first blog I have had. I had one a few years ago. It wasn't a good fit. I really - in the end - didn't know what to do with it. I could not find my voice there and eventually deleted it. Then Facebook came a long and I found that this was really what I was looking for. I just wanted a place to keep up with my friends that are all around the country, post pictures of my kids and see theirs, and make a few (I hope) quippy comments about my life as a mom. I found the making of this blog easy as far as the actual creating. I found it hard because it reminded me of my last failed attempt at this. I feel self-conscience and nervous about it.

These feelings lead me to only put my last name in the blog. I originally wanted to name it Catherine's Spectra Specs - my url still contains that name. Spectra Specs are the weird colored glasses that Luna Lovegood wears in Harry Potter. I thought that might not be right for class. I like the name in my url. It helps me to feel a little hidden. If this go at a blog works out I think I will change the name back to that. I like it.

My avatar is wearing jeans and tee shirt - which is my usual uniform. I think if I could have made her hair a little messier it would represent me a little better. It seems no matter what length I make my hair it is always a little messy. I had hoped by the time I turned 35 I would have had it under control - that has come and gone and there is still no control. I have given that goal up - along with my goal to some day be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment