Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thing #11

I cannot say that I found the search tools - outside of Google - to be helpful. I found Topix.net good for news. I really didn't like the design of Syndic8.com. I found it hard to go through. I immediately felt tired when I looked at it. Too busy. Too disorganized. I have enough of that on my own. 

Going from the list I find the best blogs through google. And those blogs lead me to even better blogs usually. One good blog usually leads me to numerous other fantastic blogs. So far I find that to be best way to find stuff. I found this video on one of my recent treasure hunts:







This is from educating alice. I love it. I found this blog through Phil Nel's blog - Nine Kinds of Pie. Phil Nel is a professor at Kansas State in Children's Lit. They have a great program there. I knew of him - but not his blog. I found the blog through a post on 100 Scope Notes. And on and on and on. This is my best favorite way to find things. I feel like I find treasure that way. It makes it more fun.

I subscribe to these blogs through my RSS feed, some of them email me (which I like best), and, most recently, I have added them to my customized start page. That is my second favorite place. The ones that email me I keep up with best. I also added them to a tool bar on my blog, so I can find them quickly when doing school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment