Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thing #9





I think my dog has an anxiety problem. Or maybe this is just anthropomorphizing, but she always seems worried. She does live with a 3 year old who likes to dress her up and take care of her like she is a baby.

I made this image with http://www.comicstripgenerator.com/. It was a little tricky/ fussy some times. I had to reload the page a couple of times when making it. And the saving instructions were written for the pc - not the mac. And for some reason it didn't save my text the first time, so I had to go back and re do it. I think some of these problems, though, were operator error. I have a tendency to plow ahead and not read instructions carefully. There are lots of fun things you could do with this in the classroom. Student photos with quotes, characters from stories, characters stating math rules, etc.


ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

I made this one with http://www.imagechef.com/. There were tons of things to do in here. I like mosaics so I went with the word mosaic. This was super easy. Much less fussy than the photo one up above. You can change the color, word, symbol, or design. There was a lot of ways to go with it. I kept it pink with love and added the sunshine because this is what my daughter liked.


ImageChef Word Mosaic - ImageChef.com

I made this one with the idea that these could be used as signs in the classroom. The heart above didn't lend itself to anything outside a Valentine's party. The sign could be helpful to tell students where to turn things in. I tried it with Homework - but the word was too long. The shape lost meaning.










ImageChef.com Poetry Blender

This is a quote from one of my favorite children's books The Three Questions by Jon Muth. It is his own adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's The Three Questions. I wish I could have had another slide - to complete the entire quote. I also wish I could control the speed, font size and choice, and how the words are on the page. But it is free - so I guess I cannot expect to get all those things with free. And for free it is quite cool. I could think of little things that this would be good for - just for fun. You wouldn't want to use for important information. It is too distracting. But things like hang up your coat. sit down and do your work page, etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment