Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thing 16

I chose the yahoo start page. I made one in google and yahoo, but the yahoo one is something that I use most often. I even pulled some of my favorite blogs and recipe updaters into that. I like the homepage better than the news feed. It included the weather, my email, facebook, etc. I think I will make it my homepage. It does contain most of what I go to the computer for.

I tried remember the milk. At first I thought there is no way I will ever type all the things I need to remember in here. That will take too much time. I like the idea of these things, but in practice I always drop the ball. Maybe if I had an iphone. Well, there is always a million reasons for an iPhone. I thought at first the reality is I will start this and never update it. Then I saw the share feature. I thought well if I used this with another person to coordinate that might work out. I thought teachers could work together on projects with this. I like the that these things and the calendar send me messages to my email. I do find that hugely helpful, but I am doubtful about me remembering to update these devices. I did like the check off box on don't forget the milk - that is the best part of lists. Crossing things off!

I made a calendar in another post -
calendar

It has been emailing me things I need to remember, and I really like it. After this project I plan to keep it just between me and my husband so we can share it. We struggle to remember each others schedule as well as our children's ever increasing schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment