Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thing 20

I use YouTube often right now with my Math 1410 online class. We are required to make videos of ourselves explaining different math concepts. They have to be uploaded for the class to watch. This is the first time I have had to create a video of myself and share it. I get a little nervous about that. I have watched many, many videos on YouTube, though. All the old cartoons from when I was a kid are on there - Charlie Brown and such. We used to play them for our son when we didn't have cable. I have also found so many videos that have helped fix household problems. But mostly I use it for music. Just recently I added this video to my FaceBook account:



Danny MacAskill - "Way Back Home"

I like to watch this before I take a math quiz. It makes me feel like the impossible is possible.

I have found recently that YouTube was a huge help in explaining math concepts I am confused about or have just forgotten. I have also found a cartoon version of many of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories which is helpful for my 5501 project. I find that some times with these old stories a video can help stick it in students minds after reading the story. This Kipling video is extremely accurate so it would be helpful. In the end I love YouTube. It is always there to help me out. I even used it to help potty train my daughter. There are bad things about it, but I think the good out weighs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment